Farmers are the foundation on which our country survives, on which our population eats. Yet farmers are under siege with the first two months of the year being declared the bloodiest yet experienced, with more than 30 farm attacks being committed in the month of February alone.
One of the main reasons why farmers are targets is that farms tend to be isolated where police services are far away, contain elderly people and often have weapons stored on site.
What is shockingly becoming associated with farm attacks is the increased level of brutality attached to these attacks. Whether this is politically motivated or not, the fact remains is that farmers have become an increased target with far increased levels of serious assault and murder.
In South Africa the general murder ratio for the population was 34 people per 100 000 in 2015/2016. For the police segment this figure increased to 51 policeman per 100 000 people. Shockingly the statistic for farmers is the highest yet – 97 farmers per 100 000 farmers.
Imperial Armour has elected to declare April to be the Focus on the farmer month. Louisa Garland, Managing Member of Imperial Armour, is committed to offering support and assistance to this critical sector of our community. “The safety of our farmers is critical to the success of our country. To feeding our population and to achieving the type of growth that we need as a nation.” says Garland.
Imperial Armour has designed and launched a specific jacket which is designed exclusively for the Farmer. The bullet proof jacket is quilted throughout and is warm and comfortable to wear, in addition to being water resistant. The company has not compromised on quality as the lives of our Farmers are integral to the Survival of our nation. This multi-purpose jacket provides our farmers with a high level of protection.
At Imperial Armour we acknowledge that the problem of farm attacks is not going to go away easily. That farmers remain a vulnerable segment of the population. As a company we can only add our voice to the call for more proactive policing and urge government to tackle this issue as a critical matter which needs to be addressed at the highest level.
Please fill in your details below:
Now in its 23rd year, Securex is Africa’s leading security and fire exhibition. Every year, it brings together over 6 000 visitors and 160 exhibitors, representing 13 countries, for a weekend devoted to the security industry.
The exhibition features security providers and suppliers as well as an industry-based education programme, and provides the ideal platform for security and fire companies to promote their latest technology.
The show was highly successful for the Imperial Armour team who left with 161 new business enquires!
We look forward to attending again next year.
At the end of April, Louisa and Julie attended the 15th Defence Services Asia (DSA) Exhibition and Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We were excited to be part of this major gathering of leading defence and security technology suppliers.
With players from over 60 countries, the show closed after hosting a stellar 42, 456 visitors, including YB Dato’ Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, Malaysia’s Minister of Defence and the Deputy Minister of Defence, Datuk Abdul Rahim bin Bakri. See highlights from the show here.
The show was a busy and successful one for our team, offering us the opportunity to make many new connections in the world of personal protection, from product suppliers, to a request for concealed VIP protection vests, to a high-ranking military official requiring vehicle armour.
We look forward to attending the next DSA in 2018!
Cutting edge materials, superior quality, and rigorous testing have made Imperial Armour a world leader in the manufacture of personal protection products. We export to over 75 countries worldwide and are looking for international agents. Interested?
Our 5 top reasons for partnering with us:
1. You’ll work with the best: Our experience, expertise, and stellar reputation mean that Imperial Armour are recognised world leaders in personal armour and accessories. Working with us means working with the best in the business.
2. We know the industry and the industry knows us: We’ve been in business for almost 2 decades which means we have the contacts and the experience. When you partner with us, you’ll enjoy the credibility of joining an established, respected company that here to stay.
3. We sell superior products: All our products are manufactured on-site and tested to rigorous international ballistics standards. And, we believe in innovation – we continuously work on in-house research and development, international testing standards, and creative solutions. The proof? Recently, we launched the safest body armour vests on the SA market!
4. We will offer you support: Different countries and a variety of skills – over the years, the Imperial Armour team has gained valuable industry, technical, and product experience. Our partners benefit from this knowledge as well as our hands-on approach.
5. We’ll help get your name out there: Starting a new business can be challenging, especially when it comes to getting recognised as a serious enterprise. Using our contacts and existing marketing materials, we will help you with referrals, advertising, and global trade show attendance so that you get the recognition you need.
Want to apply? To become an Imperial Armour agent, you must:
1. Provide us with your Company Profile and company registration details.
2. Provide us with the details of at least three companies that you have previously and successfully worked with, that can be contacted for references.
3. Provide us with information on previous tenders and contracts that have been secured.
4. Display a strong knowledge of the personal protection products that we supply.
5. Have strong relationships with parties that procure contracts for Ministries of Defence, Ministries of the Interior and other similar departments.
6. Show ongoing business.
If you believe you qualify and wish to apply, please contact our Managing Director, Louisa Garland-Els, on firstname.lastname@example.org